Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chinese Slaw

A few weeks ago I had the challenge of making a Chinese/Asian appetizer. I don't fry, and Whitney had already claimed the edamame, so I had to come up with something. I remembered a yummy side dish that my Aunt Susan made for a family get together, and thought it would be perfect. She graciously shared her recipe with me and now I'm sharing it with you. It make a lot, so it's perfect for a crowd. And it is great left over, too. Enjoy!

Chinese Slaw
Recipe from Aunt Susan
1 bag of slaw (regular or broccoli)
Noodles from 2 packages of beef Ramen noodles, crushed
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
2 beef flavor packets from the Ramen noodles

Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and beef flavoring in a small bowl or saucepan. Heat for a couple of minutes in the microwave or on the stove, until sugar and beef flavoring is dissolved. Mix well. When the dressing has cooled, pour it over the slaw mixture and toss to combine.

Upcoming recipes:
Turkey and artichoke stuffed shells
Peach Cobbler
Tostada pizza

2 comments:

  1. I have this exact recipe and I LOVE it! I always bring it to picnics and potluck dinners. It's very brave of you to post upcoming recipes. I usually fail to follow through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great though the kiddos hated it....they only wanted the ramen noodles....go figure. At least C and I had our plenty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter