Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quite possibly the best meal I have ever made. If I do say so myself.

After last week's success with the chicken parmesan, I decided to give chicken another whirl this week. I've had this recipe in my files for about a year but it's just sat there, intimidating me. Had I known then how EASY and OH, SO TASTY it was, I would have brushed aside my chicken fears and made this long ago.

Oh my goodness. If tooting my own horn wasn't looked down upon, I would toot away. This was, quite possibly, one of the best meals I have ever made. It was beyond delicious, in my oh-so-humble opinion. The meat was tender and juicy, and so, so flavorful. The rosemary, lemon and garlic all came together to make this a company-worthy meal. It will definitely be a staple on our menu rotation. I'm telling you - do not wait a year to make this - try it tonight!!

Roasted Chicken Breast with Lemon, Garlic, Rosemary, and Potatoes
Recipe from www.goodthingscatered.blogspot.com
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but not melted
Zest of 1/2 large lemon, lemon reserved
2 large cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 russet potatoes, washed thoroughly and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
Kosher salt
Ground pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line large baking pan with foil for easy cleanup.
Pat chicken breasts dry, season liberally with salt and ground pepper, and place breast-side up at least one to two inches apart in pan. In small bowl combine butter, lemon zest, garlic, and rosemary and stir with spoon to thoroughly combine. With back of spoon, spread butter mixture on top of chicken breasts evenly. Slice reserved lemon and place slices in pan around the chicken.

In medium bowl place cubed potato and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, parsley and salt and pepper. Scatter potatoes around chicken breasts. Place baking dish in oven and cook about 30-40 minutes or until thickest portion of chicken breast has reached 175 degrees. Remove from oven, take chicken breasts out of pan onto a warm serving platter and tent with foil. Take one pinch more of Kosher salt to sprinkle over potatoes, toss and place back in oven for 5-10 minutes. Remove potatoes and serve with chicken.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Kara! I'm glad Patrick switched drum lessons from Monday to Sunday. I wouldn't have wanted him to miss a moment of that dinner. Fancy, Fancy! Can't wait to hear about the Beef Teriyaki your fixin tonight! Although, I'm not sure about that Asian Turkey thing on Thursday night.....never seen an Asian Turkey......does he look like Michael???? HA HA! Oh no, that would be a Hawaiian Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, there was no "fancy" about this meal, believe you me! If I'm making it, there's nothing fancy about it! :) And too funny about the "Hawaiian Turkey" comment -- Michael's gonna get you! Have you ever been had lettuce wraps at a Chinese or Japanese restaurant? These turkey lettuce wraps are just like them, only healthier. Haven't you been asking for a healthy recipe?? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter